Thursday, May 26, 2011

How does my garden grow?

Because, seriously, I let the whole thing become overrun with grass and I water it irregularly. I try to remind myself that this is my first go 'round with keeping plants alive - previously, I was a self-confessed plant killer. Unable to handle even the heartiest of plants. Here are some photos of the garden shortly after I planted:





Now the place is overrun with grass. See below:


I even had to chop all the cilantro out of the middle of the containers because it got so wild it was taking over the other plants. See how the planters have bald spots in the middle:


But alas, edibles are still growing, despite my lack of appropriate care. Here are my little eggplants, jalapeno, zucchini, and peppers. Maybe I'll do a raised bed next time. How did you learn to garden?



No comments:

Post a Comment